There are many materials for branding and knowledge sharing coming in our way. Particularly, presentation slides. Currently we are keeping them on team Drive, under the format of Deckset.
Once a markdown file is created from VSCode, you'll be able to open 2 windows of Deckset and VSCode side-by-side with view as editing.
Make sure you take a good look at Markdown Cheatsheet for better content composing. Deckset also allows user to focus more on editing by Show Preview option
In a nutshell, Deckset works
- As a presentation tool
- Render from markdown file
- Edit with VSCode
- Markdown file & Image folder must stay in the same place
- Edit → Convert to PDF → Upload on Team Drive
Deckset supports Mac only. I guess it's not a big deal speaking from a woodland full of Apple's stuff 🤔
- Deckset: the file can be found on Team Drive>Tooling for download and installation
- VSCode: for markdown file composing
Once you've download VSCode, open a new file on Deckset and choose VSCode as the editor. Open Deckset > Preferences > Visual Code > Choose
This theme contains our primary color and modified fonts. You only need to apply it once, the theme will be kept for your next file.
There are 2 ways to add DF theme into Deckset
- Open your .md file and click on File → Import Theme → select DF Theme
- Drag & drop DF Theme into Deckset
- Ctrl+S after every change in .md file
- Open preview and compare as you edit
- Size of pictures can be adjusted based on percentage ratio
Subscribe for “The Next Bytes” where Han & the crew draft up our observation in the industry.